Brussels sprouts with bacon
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 lb. Bacon, uncooked and chopped.
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil.
- 1 Tbsp. Butter (good quality, grass-fed butter).
- ¼ Red Onion, chopped.
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 ½ lb. Brussels sprouts trimmed and cut in half.
- ¼ Tsp. Lemon Zest.
- Himalayan Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Fresh parsley for garnish.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally until browned but not crispy. About 10 minutes. Remove bacon with slotted spoon; leave about 2 tablespoons of bacon grease in pan.
- Slightly lower heat; add coconut oil, onions, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes until onions are soft, but do not burn the garlic.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and butter, sauté for 5-10 minutes.
- Add bacon and lemon zest; sauté for 5 more minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and fresh parsley.