Butternut Squash Soup
”Tis the season for Butternut Squash soup!! This light dish is not only packed full of nutrients but is delicious and comforting in the cold weather!
It can be eaten as an appetizer or as a main dish! AND it’s as easy as throwing all the ingredients in a crockpot, cook, blend, and WA-LA!
- 2lbs of butternut squash (peeled, seeds removed, and cut into chunks)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 cups chicken broth (or any bone broth)
- 1.5 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ cup FULL fat coconut milk
- Chives, chopped
- Pumpkin seeds
- Put squash, onion, and garlic into a crockpot.
- Add olive oil and all broth.
- Add ginger, cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne, sea salt, and pepper.
- Cook on high heat for 4 hours or low for 6 hours
- Once cooked you can use an emersion blender, blend the ingredients until smooth (regular blender/Vitamix or food processor will work great too)
- Add thyme and coconut milk and blend until mixed (only a few seconds)
- Lastly – optional garnish with chives and pumpkin seeds
- Eat and ENJOY!
Let us know what you think!!
PCT SHT Nutrition & Life Coach