foods to avoid
in this episode, we discuss our foods to avoid. . .
scroll down for notes and links :)
listen and subscribe on:
our focus when eating real food:
- give the body nutrients that it needs for structure, form, and function.
- nurture our concept of self-sufficiency, metabolic flexibility, and fat burning.
- minimize toxic exposure.
what do we want personally?
- optimal body composition.
- to feel amazing.
- optimal performance.
- optimal health markers.
we are cellular beings, and we are made up of trillions of cells which need:
- nutrients for structure, form, and function.
- to be able to detoxify.
- create energy from different sources.
therefore our foods to avoid:
- aren’t sources of nutrients, and/or
- don’t contribute to self-sufficiency, and/or
- have a toxic burden that inhibit nutrient assimilation, or cause other long-term problems.
and from a personal standpoint:
- don’t give us optimal body composition.
- don’t’ make us feel good.
- don’t give us good health markers over the long-term.
- Artificial Sweeteners are Toxic to Gut Bacteria.
- How Artificial Sweeteners Wreak Havoc on Your Gut.
- On the Question of Sweeteners.
grains and seeds:
- Origins and evolution of the Western diet: health implications for the 21st century
- Why Grains are Unhealthy.
- 9 Steps to Perfect Health – #1 : Don’t Eat Toxins.
- one of my favorite books on fats of all time, Know Your Fats : The Complete Primer for Understanding the Nutrition of Fats, Oils and Cholesterol.
- The Definitive Guide to Fats.
- The Definitive Guide to Dairy.
- Dairy – food of the gods or neolithic agent of disease?
- Still Think Low-Fat Dairy is the Healthy Choice? Think Again!