In my travels as I share my message of health, NOW from an off grid, over-landing, and boondocking perspective I call Operation Rewild, I had a chance to do some talks with BLM Fire up in Reno, and also connect with some other health professionals.
Big takeaways from this discussion:
- Pay attention to the things that inspire you and make you feel good. This could be a clue into what you could do as one of your passions! Bobby Baum started young watching his chiropractic mother work on and heal others. This planted a seed for him to want to do the same.
- Always evolve, don’t stay stagnant. Bobby is always seeking uncomfortableness to push his boundaries of learning and experience.
- Icing can be useful, in moderation.
- Seek mentors. Don’t be afraid to say you don’t know and have a network you can refer people to.
- Be a bridge to others. Be a bridge for the people you care about and work with to find the support they need.
- Keep moving. All day every day.
- Break up stagnant positions. Take breaks throughout the day. Set alarms!
- Pay attention to how your body is stacking. Check-in with yourself from time to time.
- Exaggerate big chest and supinating palms. As often as you can remember.
- PVC pipe shoulder pass throughs are great.
- Psoas muscle. Learn to work it!
- Find good examples of movement that you can “xerox.”