keeping it real during the holidays
if you have a goal for health in mind, body, and spirit, if you want to continue to look, feel, and perform your best, remember, EVERY DAY COUNTS. download our tips for surviving the holidays here.
choose to be 100% real food and you will be thanking yourself because of how it makes you feel.
- every situation is going to have real food options. choose meats, veggies, starches, and fruits. make those priority before considering going off plan.
- if you decide to go off, make sure it’s worth it. mom or grandma’s special homemade pie – great. some crap cookies or pies from Albertsons – worthless.
- if you decide to go off, consciously participate in each decision. pause and ask yourself, is it worth it, how is this going to make me look, feel, and perform. remember how some of these foods make you feel. is it worth the temporary satisfaction? if so, go for it, but do it in moderation.
- if you do go off, get right back on it! you’re only one meal away from being back on it.
- when you drink, drink on an empty stomach, not around your calorically dense meals.
continue to do the things that make you feel your best.
stick to your routine, get the first part of your day right, and it will probably give you momentum to do more things right, or at least minimize the damage from indulging.
- exercise every day. if you’re traveling find a local gym, or ask us about our travel WOD’s. at a minimum go for a long walk every morning.
- stick to your morning routine. have quiet time. meditate. think about what you want for your life, your day, and your vacation. plant the seed.
- eat clean for the first part of your day.
the holidays do not have to a time to rationalize going off plan and away from your goals! but if you do, make sure you do it consciously and get right back on it!