nut-butter jelly bombs
- muffin tins or cupcake liners.
- 1 cup of your favorite nut butter. we like this Sunbutter. you can also try almond butter like this one. if you use peanut butter, be careful, many people have allergies and don’t realize it. if you want to try peanut butter, try something like this.
- 3/4 cup quality coconut oil like this (slightly warmed).
- 1 cup of quality jam such as this one, or raw unfiltered honey like this. we prefer jam over jelly because it has more real fruit in it. and we prefer honey over jam because it’s a superfood! but all things being equal, since this is a dessert, go for whatever you want, jam or honey.
- dark chocolate chunks or chips (optional).
- mix nut-butter and coconut oil until smooth.
- pour about a tablespoon worth into cupcake liners.
- place cupcake trays in freezer for 15 minutes.
- remove from freezer and place a tablespoon of jam or honey on top of frozen nut-butter mix.
- optional add some chocolate chips on top.
- add remaining peanut butter mixture on top of the jam / honey.
- place back into the freezer for 30 more minutes.