our beloved heavy cream.
when it comes to heavy cream, we absolutely love it for many reasons.
- significant amounts of fat-soluble nutrients vitamin A, D, D3, E, and K.
- significant amount of B vitamins B6 and B12.
- Medium Chain Triglycerides which are easy to digest and easy for the body to use for energy.
most of us will use heavy cream as a coffee creamer, or some of our dishes. the added benefit to making things taste amazing is that it is full of nutrients, and it helps to train the body to use fat for fuel!
we prefer heavy cream over half-and-half or milk because milk in its totality has the most problematic factors of all dairy products to include casein, whey, and lactose. heavy cream, however, is mostly fat, and fat-soluble nutrients = the best of both worlds.
when choosing heavy cream.
- go for quality. hormone antibiotic free at a minimum, ideally organic or pasture-raised.
- raw would be ideal. if you don’t have access to raw, choose pasteurized over ultra-pasteurized.
- look for minimal ingredients.
- carrageenan is acceptable but not as optimal as pure cream.
- gellan gum, guar gum, locust bean gum, gum arabic, and tera gum are fine, but not as optimal as pure cream.
- pay attention to potential digestive issues. if you experience any digestive issues, look for a heavy cream with no stabilizers or emulsifiers.
our favorite brands thus far:
- Straus Organic Whipping Cream.
- Trader Joe’s Organic Heavy Whipping Cream.
- Clover Organic Heavy Whipping Cream.
- Organic Valley Heavy Whipping Cream that is pasteurized (vs their heavy whipping cream that is ULTRA-pasteurized).