a brief overview of grounding, hiking, camping, and being outdoors
all of our foundations are important!
- holistic, real food (body)
- setting circadian rhythms (sleep)
- meditation & mindfulness (mind)
- grounding & outdoors (nature)
- functional fitness (movement)
- simplicity & elegance (minimalism)
- natural solutions (toxicity)
- cultivating community (synergy)
learn more about our mission here.
where we are now? the modern lifestyle.
- not enough bright sunlight during the day, with too much dim, artificial light.
- too much bright artificial light at night.
- poor sleep habits.
- too much exposure to EMF’s and radiation.
- too much social media.
- completely out-of-touch with the earth – not connected.
- exposed to a tremendous amount of pollution.
where we are meant to be:
- outside a lot.
- having daily, direct body-to-earth contact.
- functional fitness in real environments.
- periodically completely unplugging and disconnecting from the modern lifestyle.
- having real experiences, forming real connections, with real people.
- getting plenty of sunlight, helping to set circadian rhythms and getting all the health benefits of sun exposure.
- having chances to experience the beautiful wonders of this world, and experience “awe.”
frequency – how often should I get outside?
these are minimum recommendations. more is better.
- daily ground for at 3 minutes. ideally longer while you’re priming & practicing.
- 3 days per week accumulate 15 minutes or more of direct sun exposure.
- bi-weekly (every 2 weeks), go for a hike in a pristine environment.
walking around the block doesn’t count. ideally once a week would be better.
- quarterly go on a camping trip for 3 days or more. ideally once per month.