SHT Mediterranean Summer Body Challenge
you know in the SHT we’re all about mixing things up. since we’re moving into summer months, it’s time to eat with the seasons. think lighter, fresher, and cooler!
according to Traditional Chinese Medicine, summer months should be more cooling to counter the heat. days should be longer, and activity levels high:
- primarily seafood and coastal foods including shellfish for meats.
- lots of vegetables and fresh salads.
- fresh, seasonal fruits.
- lighter, fresher, and cooler foods, vs calorically dense foods.
- superfoods including organ meats is crucial.
- proper hydration is extremely important.
- waking early, going to bed later, and maybe a mid-day nap is appropriate.
the SHT Mediterranean Summer Body Challenge is meant to tap into the wisdom of this ancestry and give you some basic guidelines for mixing things up in a healthful way.
we’ll have guidelines for all these points, and as always, small reasonable goals to start out.
- Saturday, May 18 @ 11 am – kickoff meeting. we’ll go through our basic food and lifestyle guidelines. as always, includes handouts and shopping lists.
- Saturday, June 1st @ 11 am – check-in meeting. we’ll cover FAQ’s and review our new goals for the following 2 weeks.
- Saturday, June 15th @ 11 am – FINALE, closing concepts, and moving forward.