SHT SuperFoods Class and Hands-On Workshop
our next SuperFoods Class & Workshop is being held on Saturday, February 22nd @ 1pm.
$50 is all-inclusive for this amazing class. please RSVP here. we must have your RSVP as we can only hold 24 people with our setup. all you have to do is show up with 2 empty wide-mouth mason jars.
this class is all about our superfoods and includes a bone stock demo, kombucha demo + starter kit, and hand-on workshop making real-deal fermented kimchi and sauerkraut together! this is one of our most popular classes ever! you’ll learn a ton, and get hands-on experience making some healthful foods!
in this class and workshop, we’ll talk about all the benefits of our top SUPERFOODS, when, and how to consume them including:
- egg yolks
- fermented cod liver oil
- bone stock
- fermented produce
- fermented drinks
we’ll also get hands-on experience:
- bone stock demo. we’ll have a fresh batch of bone stock, demo how we pour it and store it, and them we’ll all sample it :)
- we’ll watch a demonstration on how to make kombucha, and then we’ll all receive our own kombucha starter kit to take home and start making kombucha immediately.
- we’ll make kimchi and sauerkraut together! each person will walk out with at least 1 quart of kimchi or sauerkraut.
included in this class:
- educational handouts, notes, and references.
- pre-prepped produce, supplies, and equipment for making kimchi and sauerkraut. all you have to do is show up with 2 wide-mouth mason jars.
- kombucha starter kit with instructions.
$60 is all-inclusive for this amazing class. please RSVP here. we must have your RSVP as we can only hold 24 people with our setup. all you have to do is show up with 2 empty wide-mouth mason jars.
we’ve been consuming bacteria since the beginning of our existence. some of it by chance and accident, and some of it deliberately. our recent ancestors as far back as 8,000 years ago learned how to use controlled fermentation to their advantage. by introducing specific bacteria, or by controlling the environment to allow the natural proliferation of the bacteria that we want, we can ferment organic matter, and there are all kinds of benefits that come with it.
fermentation is the process by which we introduce beneficial bacteria to organic material. the bacteria then feed on sugars and other nutrients which pre-digests the food, and also transforms it into other beneficial nutrients. through fermentation, we make foods easier to digest, introduce beneficial bacteria to our system, and create beneficial nutrients that didn’t exist before.
bone stock is the liquid from simmered bones, scraps, and connective tissue of animals. once simmered, the nutrients from the bones and connective tissues dissolve into the water. the liquid is filled with all kinds of great stuff that we might not normally get from eating muscle meat.
ancestral cultures have been consuming bone stock for hundreds of thousands of years. check out all the great benefits of bone stock in this short post.