each month we’ll be promoting a simplicity & elegance focus. these monthly focuses are designed to simplify your life and make you happier:
- looking at life with an intension of simplicity & elegance is a way to rid ourselves of excess and complication. this allows us to focus on things that are truly important. we can also focus on processes that are simple, repeatable, and help to cultivate positive habits.
- part of our personal happiness comes from this intension of simplicity and elegance. when we get rid of excess, and when we focus on processes that are simple and uncomplicated, in combination with and in synergy with our other foundations, we can truly experience life as we were meant to live – easy, free, and uncluttered :)
1. watch the documentary Minimalism.
2. commit to keeping 1 area clean and clear, no matter what :)
- choose 1 area to keep clean and clear for the month.
- your responsibility is to always leave this area clean and clear, so that the next time you come into the area, it’s clean and clear! no matter what, just keep this area clean and clear, even if the rest of your home falls apart!
- the easiest and most impactful areas will be your 1) kitchen 2) bathroom.
- as you commit to this daily, notice the freedom, space, and happiness it creates.
3. get rid of some excess stuff for 30 days.
partner up! find a friend, family member, or coworker who’s willing to minimize their stuff with you this month. BTW, I need a partner!!! feel free to message me if you want to join my team.
each person gets rid of one thing on the first day of the month. two things on the second. three things on the third. . . and so on.
donate, sell, or trash your excess, every material possession must be out of your house—and out of your life—by midnight each day.
it starts out easy, and by the time you get to about 2 weeks in, it starts to get challenging!
the person who makes it the longest wins!
feel free to post pictures and tag @paulctijerina @superhumantransformation on FB and/or IG, and use hashtags #SHTsimplicity #SHTelegance #minsgame
let’s do this!
in #SHTness, vitality, vibrancy, and health,
Paul C. Tijerina and SHT HQ