first in a series of great posts on the superfood bone stock. . .
what is bone stock?
the superfood bone stock is the liquid from simmered bones, scraps, and connective tissue of animals. the liquid after simmering is filled with all kinds of great stuff that we might no normally get because we rarely actually eat the bones and connective tissues. but once simmered, the nutrients from the bones and connective tissues dissolve into the water.
what’s in bone stock?
bone stock is rich in minerals that support the immune system and contains copious amounts of amazing nutrients like collagen, glutamine, glycine and proline, most of which we do NOT get thru other real food sources, in these amounts.
what does bone stock do?
because it’s easy to digest, bone stock is very healing to the digestive system and gut lining. the nutrients help to build healthy skin, joints, and connective tissue. and many of these nutrients support detoxification.
when and how much to consume?
bone stock is great to consume anytime.
- consume it with meals to attract digestive juices.
- consume it by itself by heating it up in a saucepan with some salt and cayenne pepper
- it’s especially useful during fasts.
the more you can consume the better. I’d recommend at least 1 cup per day, up to 1 quart per day. I drink 1/2 a quart per day :)
where to get it or how to make it?
you can get traditionally prepared bone stock in most health food stores now, typically in the frozen section. you can also purchase it at some butcher shops. if you live in Las Vegas, Echo & Rig sells it for $7 per quart (last we checked).
but it’s much cheaper to make it yourself.
- take any kind of bones and fill a crock pot or instant pot with them.
- cover with water.
- add some apple cider vinegar (helps to pull minerals from bones).
- add a couple of cut up carrots, and a cut up onion (for flavor).
- simmer on low in a crockpot for 24hrs, or max time in instant pot.
- strain liquid, refrigerate, peel off fat layer, consume the liquid whenever you want.
drink bone stock alone by heating it up in a sauce pan with salt and cayenne. use it for your liquid in cooking rice or legumes. use it as the base for sauces. add it to soups and stews.
#poweredbyrealfood #realfood #healthyfood #primal #foodie #eatclean #cleaneats #lowcarb #glutenfree #cleaneating #bonestock #bonebroth #conscientiousmeateater #lasvegas #vegas #paulctijerina https://superhumantransformation.com