tips for the week.
in this post, video, and episode:
- solitary walk.
- meditation, mindfulness, and “practice.”
- noticing irritations.
- the desire to have everything perfect.
- mindfulness tip of the week.
- prioritizing health.
- and more!
I had some thoughts this morning that I tried to capture in this short video. check it out! I have some notes below to summarize. . .
go for a solitary walk.
one of the best things you can for yourself is to go for a walk by yourself. no music, no books, no podcasts. just allow yourself some time with yourself and your own mind. on this walk:
- you can deliberately think about something you choose.
- you can be curious and allow thoughts and ideas to pop up and then decide whether to follow them or not.
- you can “practice” – notice thoughts, and come back to walking, looking around, listening, and feeling.
also want to make a plug for a dedicated sitting session. we have some new videos on our YouTube channel, check them out.
meditation and “practice” are symbolic, synonymous, and metaphorical for life! when we “practice” and notice thoughts and come back to the present moment, we are cultivating the skill to do the same thing during the rest our day and life.
irritation is a part of life. it just happens. we want awareness of irritation.
notice the desire to want everything perfect. this is where a lot of irritation comes from.
mindfulness tip – choosing to see yourself in others.
- notice judgemental or critical mind.
- immediately ask and say to yourself:
- can I see myself in this person?
- was there ever a time I was like this?
- was there a time when I didn’t know what I know now?
- this person is doing the best they can with what they have.
- this person wants to be happy and healthy just like me!
for this week!!!
- prioritize your health first and foremost.
- real food.
- social connections