It was such an honor and pleasure interviewing Mikala McClain! She’s a mother, a wife, a nurse, and an entrepreneur. She has such a fascinating story, and a TON of great learnings and teachings I KNOW you’re gonna love. Mikala lost her mother early at age 11. This led to a desire for “self control” which translated into figure competitions and some body dysmorphia. Mikala learned that trying to control the external without working on the internal was almost futile; that set her on a path to learn therapies that could help her feel whole again.
Things we discuss:
• the loss of her mother and recent loss of her father and how that impacted her image of herself.
• her disillusionment from being a nurse. learning to notice why you feel a certain way, where it comes from.
• more is not better, esp with fitness. skimpy is not good, esp with nutrition.
• your why behind your health habits is important.
• polyvagal theory and the states of the nervous system.
• and so much more!
Transcend Retreat information and application: https://astraholistica.com/
the-retreat/ Use code “SHT” to receive $200 off
Deb Dana – Beginners Guide and Meditations: https://www.
Audio recommendation: Befriending Your Nervous System: https://amzn.to/3euPpNs
Mikala’s calendar link: https://go.oncehub.com/meet-
Listen in to this awesome podcast below or watch the video above! You can also find that podcast by searching WE ARE THE SHT ;) wherever you normally listen to podcasts! :)
Connect with me:
- FREE! Schedule a FREE Consultation Call to chat one-on-one about anything you want.
- FREE! Text anything to (702) 605-7223 or clicking here https://my.community.com/
superhumantransformation. Exclusive updates, announcements, and motivation & inspiration.
- 14-DAY FREE TRIAL and less than $1 per day after the trial is over. Check out our community at https://community.