using deadlines and zero hours to optimize health.
this has been a game-changer for a very long time! it wasn’t until recently that I realized how big an impact it had.
there are 4 main areas to use deadlines and zero hours:
- wake up NLT sunrise. for me it’s 3:30am, but even when I try to sleep in. . .
- first cup of coffee NET 3 or 4 hours after waking, for me 7am. the later the better!
- last cup of coffee NLT 6 to 7 hours before bedtime. for me 1pm (caffeine has a half-life of 6hrs average). the earlier the better!
- finish last alcoholic drink NLT 2 to 3 hours before bedtime. for me 5pm (2 to 3 hours before bedtime). the earlier the better!
- finish eating NLT 1 to 2 hours before bedtime. for me that is 6pm. earlier is better!
- in bed NLT 10pm or 7 hours before bedtime.