in this post about washing hands:
- what to use.
- how to do it.
- custom lyrics :)
resources below :)
why wash hands?
to keep from transmitting germs, TO YOURSELF or TO OTHERS. especially the face, which leads to back of the throat where a lot of replication of pathogens happens.
when to wash your hands.
- before, during, and after preparing food.
- before eating food.
- before and after caring for someone at home who is sick.
- before and after treating a cut or wound.
- after using the toilet (or before like me ;)
- after changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet.
- after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- after touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste.
- after handling pet food or pet treats.
- after touching garbage.
- BEFORE TOUCHING YOUR FACE!!!
what to use?
SOAP! NOT hand sanitizers, anti-bacterial, or antimicrobial. I like this one from Dr. Bronner’s.
when used for cleaning, soap solubilizes particles and grime, which can then be separated from the article being cleaned. soap uses surfactants and emulsifying oils to enable dirt, grime, and pathogens to be carried away by water.
follow five steps to wash your hands the right way:
- wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap.
- scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
my custom happy birthday songs:
- happy birthday to you. do you need to go poo? you look like you have to, and you smell like it too!
- happy birthday to you. BEEF BUTTER AND BACON are good for you! bread pasta and pastries are in the trash, HAPPY BIRTHDAY EAT REAL FOOD!