if you haven’t watched our strategic supplementation video, please make a point to do so :) if you aren’t sure what’s in your supplements, or if you’re taking the right ones, schedule some time with us!
on vitamin A.
- palmitate is a salt form of palmitic acid, which has shown to be toxic in the literature.
- beta-carotene is NOT vitamin A.
- we want retinol, ideally coming from real food, and ideally our superfood Rosita’s Fermented Cod Liver Oil.
- it needs to be balanced with appropriate amounts of natural forms of vitamin D and D3. which happens automatically in something like our Fermented Cod Liver Oil.
on vitamin C.
- ascorbic acid is typically synthetic and derived from GMO corn, unless otherwise specified.
- our vitamin C is from The Vitamin C Foundation, verified to be China and GMO-FREE. the best quality stuff we’ve ever found.
on vitamin K.
- phytonadione is synthetic K1.
- we think more beneficial would be K2 such as the version found in Thorne Research product we recommend.
on folic acid and folate.
- “human exposure to folic acid was non-existent until its chemical synthesis in 1943, and was introduced as a mandatory food fortification in 1998.” for more info on the difference between folic acid and folate, visit https://chriskresser.com/folate-vs-folic-acid/
- natural sources of folate come from romaine lettuce, spinach, asparagus, turnip greens, mustard greens, parsley, collard greens, broccoli, cauliflower, beets, lentils and liver.
- when supplementing we want actual folate or the 5-MTHF version that we recommend.