fat should be your friend :)
our 2 main goals when eating real food
when eating the SHT way, we have 2 main goals:
- give the body NUTRIENTS to contribute to structure, form, and function, and. . .
- eat in a way that nurtures self-sufficiency – the body’s natural ability to be self-reliant, metabolically flexible, and fat-burning.
the best way to do this is to make healthy fats your best friend. you don’t have to overdo it, but you do have to do it. if you’re eating real food the SHT way, with moderated carbs in the evening, fat at every snack or meal is extremely beneficial.
- fat gives your body nutrients.
- fat helps facilitate the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients.
- fat gives the body a fat-based source of fuel.
our top fats are always:
- real butter.
- heavy whipping cream.
- MCT oil, ONLY c8 and/or c10 chains like this one.
- coconut oil, like this one.
- olive oil, this is our favorite.
- approved dressings, like these from Primal Kitchen.
eat fat with every meal and snack.
fat with every meal and snack will help the body absorb fat-soluble nutrients and also give the signal of fat for fuel.
- cook with butter and/or coconut oil. butter makes everything taste better.
- olive oil or approved dressings with salads.
- heavy cream with coffee and/or tea.
- take MCT oils 3 times per day, punctuated, ideally in some space when you’re not eating. I like to take 2tsp first thing in the morning, a little mid-morning, and a little mid-afternoon.
P.S. want to learn more? join us for our next progression :)