why you might want to try low-carb, and how to do it.
in this video and post we discuss why you might want to try low-carb, and how to do it our way.
- metabolic syndrome and how insulin resistance is behind it.
- insulin resistance and what contributes to it.
- what insulin does in the body.
- how macro-nutrients affect insulin and fat storage.
- why calories in / calories out doesn’t work.
- how low-carb is the SHT?
- what is low-carb to us?
resources including downloadable presentation and handouts are below.
what is low-carb to us?
- no dominant carbohydrate sources: no safe starches, fruits, sugars, or alcohol.
- freedom – no measuring or inputting data: “low-carb” needs to be intuitive.
- as much meat, fat, and vegetables as you want.
- bounce in and out of low-carb as it feels right.
- think lower carb at first! try reducing what you are currently doing.