We recently had the honor and pleasure of facilitating a talk for Natural Grocers on Food Quality. We talked a little about how upgrading your quality can impact your results. We also went into a spectrum of quality for most common foods we purchase.
Remember what you want from your health efforts:
- Improved body composition.
- Improved health.
Remember why you’re eating food in the first place:
- For nutrients to contribute to structure, form, and function. These nutrients build the body and contribute to all the functions of the body.
- For metabolic flexibility and fat burning. You want to eat food in a way that nurtures your body’s ability to use fat for fuel.
Eating this way contributes to and optimal body composition and metabolic health – the absence of metabolic syndrome = an ideal body composition, normal blood pressure, blood sugar handling capacity, low triglycerides, and high HDL.
Here are some of our quick facts from this talk about what is acceptable/fine to what is the best possible quality you can buy:
Meat & Poultry Acceptable to Best:
- Acceptable = conventional which is totally fine, because it is still real food.
- Better = organic because it is the next step in a better direction. The animals are eating organic feed and not exposed to as many toxins.
- Optimal = pastured, pasture-raised, and/or grass-fed because this is where they are able to eat their species appropriate diet.
Fish & Seafood Acceptable to Best:
- Acceptable = domestic farmed specific animals. These are shellfish, trout, catfish, and coho salmon.
- Better = wild caught because this is where they are able to eat their species appropriate diet.
- Optimal = wild caught SMASH = sardines, mackerel, anchovies, salmon, and herring because these are the most nutritious and least toxic of all the wild caught fish.
Produce Acceptable to Best:
- Acceptable = conventional produce. Totally fine! It’s better to eat convventional produce than not eat produce at all!
- Better = organic produce because it will have less and different types of pesticdes, herbicides, and other toxic inputs.
- Optimal = locally grown! Whether they are certified organic or not.
- Beyond optimal = wild :)
For all the other resources we mention PLUS handouts and cheat sheets for all things food quality, come join us in our community at community.superhumantransformation.com.
Listen in to our podcast or watch the full video for more on this super important and equally awesome topic regarding food quality!
Please be sure to connect with us!
On Instagram and Facebook: @paulctijerina and @superhumantransformation
For an archive of all our podcasts visit http://podcast.superhumantransformation.com
You can also listen anywhere you listen to podcasts including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Spotify.
For updates, announcements of upcoming events, seminars, and more, join our newsletter at https://superhumantransformation.com
Join our community at: https://community.superhumantransformation.com, we would love to see you there!