how to choose a chef knife.
in this post and episode:
- the only 2 knives you absolutely need.
- typical choice is between German or Japanese, and which ones we recommend.
- how to choose a knife.
- where to go to get a knife.
- about cutting boards.
- food prep tips bonus.
knives. . .
- the only 2 knives you absolutely need are a
- 8” – 10” chef knife or the largest you feel comfortable holding.
- a small paring knife for smaller tasks.
- the typical choice is between German or Japanese:
- our top pick for value and just amazingness?
- German tends to be a little thicker and sturdier. we recommend something like this http://amzn.to/2AJPhks or this Wusthof http://amzn.to/2k73kKs
- Japanese tends to be thinner and lighter. we love globals like this 8” http://amzn.to/2BBEBIj or this 10” my personal favorite http://amzn.to/2CJMedz
- when choosing your chef knife:
- consider handle size and feel.
- balance of the blade.
- we recommend going to Bed Bath & Beyond so that you can hold various knives.
- we do not recommend serrated blades or Santoku styles.
remember to hone your knife skillz. . .
get yourself a good cutting board. . .
- get something large!
- you want room to work.
- we recommend this carving board.
- small ones are fine for camping.
- go big for kitchen!!!
- we love this OXO carving board http://amzn.to/2yMS5LO
- soft, tapered handles.
- double sided – can flip to prevent contamination.
- durable, non-porous, odor-resistant.
bonus content? real food cooking and food prep tips!!!
an oldie but goodie! https://superhumantransformation.com/real-food-cooking-and-food-prep-tips/