it never ceases to amaze me. the rare times I do decide to indulge in a little more drinking than normal, as long as I keep everything else ultra clean and embrace space, I maintain a level of feeling amazing and body composition that makes me very thankful to be in this realm. in fact, I’m blown away at how good I still look and feel, and how quick I bounce back.
when I do these 3 simple things I’m about to share with you. . .
- I maintain my body composition and stay at my current weight or lose weight. even after a day or several days of having several drinks.
- I sleep relatively well, although not as optimal as when I’m ultra clean with everything.
- I only need 1 day of recovery to be back to 100%. it takes me just 1 day of being right back on it with everything before I’m back to my ultra amazing self.
#1 – keep your alcohol clean.
- only gluten-reduced beers and drinks made with distilled liquors.
- no flavored vodkas. they are nothing but sugar and artificial sweeteners.
- no sours, sweeteners, or “juices” unless it’s 100% real juice. opt for fresh squeezed fruit juices like fresh squeezed lime margaritas.
- use honey water (equal parts honey and water) where you otherwise might need something sweet.
- other drink recommendations include vodka / gin / whiskey / tequila with sparkling water, squeeze of fruit, garnished with fresh lemon, lime, or orange. any liquor with kombucha ;) fresh squeezed lime juice margaritas. wine. kombucha mixed with wine. fresh sangrias. fresh mojitos with fresh ingredients.
- drink 1 glass of water for every drink! most of a hangover is due to dehydration. commit to this now before you get lit, it’s a game-changer!
do this and I promise you you’re gonna feel a heck of a lot better than if you did all the sweet fruity drinks and regular beers. being hydrated will mitigate almost all hangover side effects.
#2 – eat meat as your main food.
meat is satiating. meat is nutrient-dense. meat is going to keep your appetite in check and keep you from wanting to munch on other junk.
- when possible, eat fatty cuts of meat. meat + fat = satiation.
- eat as much meat as you like! indulge and embrace! you’ll find it’s very difficult to overeat! and what’s the alternative? crap. don’t eat crap. eat meat.
- at a barbecue? eat meat. at a restaurant? order the meat. bringing a dish to someone’s place? bring meat.
trust me on this. meat will save you. carbs combined with alcohol will ruin you.
#3 – embrace space (no eating).
you don’t have to eat. you can choose not to. when not eating meat, don’t eat.
- space forces your body to tap into excess body-fat for fuel.
- space allows your body to deal with the toxins associated with drinking.
- space helps you to feel lean and mean.
- space is freeing. not eating is freeing. not stressing about eating is freeing.
follow those 3 simple things this weekend, and I promise you things will be amazing. relatively ;)