what are you made of? you really are what you eat :)
what is food? what is food doing to us? what do we even eat food for?
food builds our bodies. we want to eat foods that nourish the body, and we want to eat in a way that trains the body how to use fat for fuel.
in this episode:
- eating to build the body.
- eating in a way that trains the body how to use fat for fuel.
- what are carbs, starches, sugars, and glucose?
- what is excess body fat?
- what do we need to do daily?
- what are “approved” foods and what role do they play?
we discuss this and more :)
why are we eating food? what does food do for us???
building the body
- eat for nutrients.
- eat things that support this amazing adaptive powerful flexible body.
- where does the stuff come from to build this body? NOT AIR. NOT WATER!!!
- so this should automatically dictate junk food and crap out!!!
- this is our definition of food.
- think in terms of eating to nourish your body!!!!
we also want to eat in a way that trains the body how to use fat for fuel.
- carbs are the opposite of fat.
- carbs need to be strategic – real food based, timed at the end of the day, and in moderated amounts.
- we also need space in between meals. what is body fat? why do we have it?
why might this be beneficial?
what is body fat??? – IT’S MEANT TO BE ENERGY IN BETWEEN MEALS.
- less damaging = better health.
- optimize body composition.
- consistent energy levels.
- BETTER PERFORMANCE.
so here are our basic rules, here’s how we do this:
- when we eat we want to eat for nutrients, we want to eat to facilitate this amazing body. which means majority of our foods are nutrient dense, with a ton of traditional fats.
- when we eat we typically want a fat training signal in there.
- we want space.
- we want to be strategic with our carbs – from real food, later in the day, and in moderated amounts.
how do we do this?
- eat for nutrients, and look for energy to come from body fat.
- majority of our foods are nutrient-dense, with traditional fats!
- carbs are from real food sources.
- time our carbs later in the day.
- measure them out or be aware of amounts
- SPACE IN BETWEEN MEALS
SO IN SUMMARY:
- eat 100% real food always. avoid things that don’t support this body!!!
- eat for things that support this. look at it.
- if you eat carbs, eat them from real food.
- ideally later in the day.
- be aware of tendency to snack and eat crap.