- insulin resistant, verified by medical doctors.
- at 6’3″ and 440 pounds, extremely obese.
- poor sleep including sleep apnea.
- high stress and high cortisol.
- digestive issues including gas, bloating, and heartburn.
- random skin issues including patches of itchy skin.
- anxiety, worry, and stress were a constant part of life.
His father (who happens to be a medical doctor) referred him to a functional medicine doctor at SouthWest Functional Medicine. They referred Maurice to the SHT to support their efforts, and the rest is STILL history in the making ;)
I remember telling Maurice:
“Maybe you’re feeling ‘bad’ and having anxiety because of how you’re eating and not sleeping. I predict that once we get the nutrition going, and start to get some good sleep habits, your anxiety will greatly improve or completely go away.”
Maurice and I both believe, much of the anxiety was an “alarm system” from the body saying:
Hey! I’m breaking down! I’m not getting what I need!”
Since starting with the SHT in November of 2020 (just 8 months):
- Learned and implemented real food, sleep, and mindfulness.
- Hasn’t had anxiety.
- Digestive issues are gone.
- Hunger is gone.
- Has lost 135 pounds, went from 440 to 305 and still losing.
- No longer insulin resistant.
- Enjoying food.
- Sleeping like a champ.
- Meditates daily.
- Happy and loving life like never before.
- Health doesn’t have to be stressful or restrictive. There are just some basic guidelines, a framework, that needs to be in place. Within this framework, there’s a lot of flexibility to enjoy life.
- Flexibility is key. The routine can stay, but it can also shift! WHAT is in your routine is what’s important. The when and how is secondary. For example, meditation may be ideal at a certain time of day, but it’s more important to meditate any time vs not meditating because you can’t do it at the perfect time. The same goes with food and sleep guidelines.
- Health should enhance life, not make you so stressed that you can’t enjoy life.
- Real food the right way is a way of life for a lifetime. It doesn’t have to be restrictive, stressful, or temporary.
Maurice main keys to healthful success:
- Eat real food.
- Get 8 hours of bedtime.
- Get sunlight every day.
- Meditate and watch your thoughts during the day.
- Workout most days.
- Play! Sports, going out, having fun.
- LIVE and LOVE LIFE.
Other #PROTIPS from Maurice:
- Experiment with timing, and you will find, it probably doesn’t matter as much as you think. What’s most important are the basics – real food, sunlight, sleep, mindfulness, physical activity. The when’s and how’s aren’t as important as getting it in and getting it done.
- 1 day per month Maurice allows himself to indulge and have anything he wants.
- There’s no need to go off, there are so many options, and at the same time you can if you want! As long as you’re happy with your results and health!
- Always commit to coming back! Once you come back, the SHT way of life is super forgiving. Just one day back on it with some natural space is all it takes.
- You don’t have to say much about what you’re doing to others. Your example speaks for itself and empowers others in and of itself.
- With basic guidelines and principles, you can eat real food, sleep, meditate, and still enjoy life and have an amazing life. As Maurice says “There’s always a way.”
- Whatever it is you think you have to give up, you provably don’t, you just have to find a different version.
- He loves his canteen! You can get yours here :)
Day in the life:
- Wakes up at 6am. Drinks some water.
- Goes for a solitary walk at 6:30am. Time with his own mind.
- Sits on a bench and meditates.
- Works out in the morning.
- Eats around 10:30am.
- Sun exposure time between 10 and 2 – at least 30 minutes!
- Eats dinner between 5 and 7pm.
- Plays some sports has some fun with friends.
- Around 9:30pm heads home.
- In bed by 10.
- Breakfast eggs and bacon.
- Dinner steak, veggies, greens, sweet potato, white rice.
- Dessert is an apple, banana, peanut butter.
It’s been an honor to work with Maurice, as it is ALL my clients and members of our SuperHumans United.
If what you’re doing isn’t working, if you still can’t lose weight and keep it off, or have unresolved symptoms that you think should be getting better, you have to consider the possibility that some of what you think is healthy isn’t.
Everything you are looking for is here. Health. Optimal body composition. Vitality. Vibrancy. Happiness. Confidence. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Start now.
The blog post associated with this newsletter is here https://superhumantransformation.com/maurice/
There’s an archive of all our newsletters here.
Please be sure to connect with us!
- For an archive of all our podcasts visit http://podcast.
- You can also listen anywhere you listen to podcasts including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Spotify.
- For updates, announcements of upcoming events, seminars, and more, join our newsletter here.
- Join our community at: https://community.
superhumantransformation.com, we would love to see you there!