Have you ever considered the possibility that what you think you want, isn’t really what you want? Have you ever considered that you don’t have to see, be, and do everything in order to be happy? If so, check out our post below on letting go of the mystic self :)
There is a tremendous freedom that comes from scrutinizing and letting go of the things you think you’re supposed to see, do and be before you die. To get there, it helps to ask some questions:
- Why do I have my dreams and goals?
- Where did I get my dreams and goals?
You don’t have to see, do, and be everything in order to live a happy and fulfilled life.
To come to this realization on your own, consider this framework for letting go of the mystic self:
- Make health a priority. With health you will find yourself and you will have an awakening. Then a lot of this stuff happens on its own!
- Figure out your values. What are the things that are important to you? Break it down by life category and determine what value or values are most important in each area of your life.
- Create a personal vision for yourself and your health. With a powerful vision, your path starts to unfold. Values, vision, and the kind of person you want to be become positive constraints that simplify your life, simplify your decisions, and enhance your enjoyment.
- Question what you think is important to you. Let go of as much as possible while keeping what’s truly important to you.
- Have a healthy relationship with goals. Understand that goals are there to give you direction and create action steps. Learn to detach from the outcome. Embrace the Wisdom of Uncertainty.
- Learn to appreciate and enjoy the process of chasing your dreams (vs achieving them). The journey is all we have. The process of obtaining anything, getting better at anything, never ends. It doesn’t imply an end state. If you’re happy with the process, your happiness never ends.
- Make health a priority ;)